"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

August 31, 2009

Fire Ants

Here are a few pictures featuring our unfriendly neighbors- the fire ants that own our yard. I wasn't joking when I said they are everywhere! The pictures never show up great on here- but any brown spots you see are fire ants. Can you see why Cinch chooses mud and puddles over the grass?




2 comments:

Kim said...

jesse mae, Trent said that you can get rid of the fire ants by pouring boiling water on the ant hill. He said that you can see the carnage the next day. (He served his mission in Tallahassee so he is familiar with those nasty fire ants.

Anonymous said...

Well, that would be enough to send me home. I've had regular red ants attack me before. They hurt!