"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

April 10, 2011

A Sunday I Hope Never Comes Again

Saturday between 9:00am and Noon I received 4 phone calls

#1- Can you play the Music in Sacrament Meeting---- Sure
#2- 1 Primary Counselor has sick kids and wont be at church---- Sure
#3- Primary Secretary is leaving on trip a day early and won't be there---- Ok
#4- 2nd Primary Counselor is out of town and now I need to do sharing time---- WHAT??

Plus I was already scheduled to teach Sunbeams- since we don't have a regular teacher right now.

Sunday We just go with the flow

Early Morning Branch Council-- Leave the house at 8

Sacrament meeting-- Played the organ, 1st time in a few years- but nice to hear since we usually sing with the piano

Primary-
Only have 4 kids in Junior Primary so send them to class and we'll do 1 sharing time/singing time
Teach Sunbeams and prepare for sharing time and closing exercises at the same time.
Sharing time goes well - kids are wild, luckily singing time teacher stays into help maintain control
Daniel comes in to sit with Cinch- who wasn't sitting on his pockets to well.
Singing time comes- Play the piano for that
Then finally closing exercises...
Only 1 of 2 talks shows up
Branch Presidency supposed to share a message is late
FINALLY it's time to go home.

Just when I think I've survived the longest Sunday of my life
We come home to a flooded basement
Not only is it flooded but I spent 5 hours cleaning it Friday for Interns to move in on Monday....
8:37pm Still vacuuming/ pumping out water seeping in through the foundation.

Lets hope Monday is better.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

OH NO! I am so sorry. What a disastrous day. I heard from your mom about all your phone calls, but then to come home to the basement. That tops them all. Good luck to you :)

Steve & Darcell Bogner said...

too bad God didn't call to let you know about the flood, so you could gather the animals two by two. Sorry for the joke, but you gotta laugh now. steve& darcell

Lando & Cami said...

Blessing...Blessings....Just remember!! :) You are great!