"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

June 30, 2010

Rural Mail

Rural Mail- you have got to love it. We live 30 miles away from the post office. We have a Lakeside address but really live in Unincorporated Nebraska. Surprising enough we get the mail everyday of the week- just outside our front door.
Our Mail Lady has to put up with cows that crowd the mailbox, turn it so it isn't facing the road, and the bumpy roads out here. I would hate to be the mail lady and drive these roads all year round.

Our mail comes in these nice little polyester bags. It's how they separate it at the office I suppose. You name is written on the bag- not even your address (well ours isn't yet, just the people that lived here before us).
The absolute BEST part of rural mail is that you never have to go to the Post Office. Just leave the letter or box in your mail box with out postage on it- and she'll bring you the bill the next day. Or, I'll set out some money and she'll bring me the change the next day.
I know you're all jealous- just move to the middle of nowhere at look at the service you get.

No comments: