"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

June 30, 2010

a not so favorite part...

Oh there are so many things we love about Nebraska but one that isn't on my list is SNAKES-
I hate snakes. Even though I had to work on them as a vet tech- I still hate snakes.
We are luckily enough to live out of the rattlesnake region- but only but 10 miles.
We still have other snakes and as long as they stay in their area they live- but when they cross into my area- they die! Especially by my back door, there is something they like there because this is kill #3, the biggest of the three. It took my breath away that I couldn't even tell Daniel what was going on- just had to point and run away- far away I was headed back to Utah if that snake didn't die soon...
But then it was dead and I figured I had better document the 5'5" long snake. I could breath and talk and got lectured how I should say what it going on in stead of run away.... I'll try better next time, but the snake was as big as me!
The funniest part of it all was after we got in the house Cinch got his play snake out and was killing it and flinging it around the room just like he saw Daniel do---- hopefully the real ones will still scare him away from trying to play with them.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Jesse,I wish you could send that snake to Shawn and Cody! They are so funny about running from the snakes. Alma makes it a point to find them now and toss them in their direction! haha! Sure do love your posts! Miss you guys!

IDAHO GRANDPA DALTON said...

I enjoy see your blogs and reading about your adventures. Uncle Rex