"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

October 20, 2009

Flight to Utah



Tuesday Sept 22 we were awake at 4:00est to get Cinch & I to the airport. I was so excited and scared at the same time. We made it to the airport in record time. Daniel took us inside with our bags and checked in. He gave us hugs and kisses- it was hard to know we would be apart for 3 weeks. We kinda like each other and are always together. But we made it through security. It took forever for the stroller to go through and there were a couple mean business people that pushed past us. Then they wanted to test my flip flops so I had to wait longer. Finally we were free to go. A quick stop at McDonald's for breakfast and a food shop for Snacks for the 4 hour flight to Denver. We boarded the plane and it was dark outside so Cinch had no idea what was going on. We flew Southwest and Cinch ended up getting his own seat because it wasn't a full flight. As soon as we took off he cuddled up in my lap and fell asleep for the first hour. Another baby that wouldn't stop crying woke him up unfortunately. After that he ate his breakfast, colored, read books, sticker pages and well anything that would make him happy. We were running from the sun but it finally caught up to us about an hour out of Denver. Cinch finally looked out his window and loved it.

We touched down in Denver around 9:30am mst and walked out of the plane to a LOVELY 39* weather. The first time I could stop sweating since we left Utah 2 months earlier. Everyone else was bundling up but I had to enjoy the cool morning air! At Denver I learned 2 lessons- make sure you know which pocket of the backpack your wallet is so you don't have a freak out session looking for it and second- always strap mobile children in stroller, yes Cinch did try to make an escape while I was searching for my wallet but luckily not too far. We boarded the plane and Cinch got his own seat again. We waiting on the runway for 25 minutes. Too long for Cinch. He was up and down playing with cars. Luckily some college boys behind us loved to play trucks with him and that helped pass the time. We finally took off to SLC and Cinch slept the whole flight YEA!!!! It almost brought tears to my eyes to see the Rocky Mtns again and the leaves changing colors in them. My heart knew I was home and what would always be home. Touch down in SLC and off the plane at almost a sprint. We were home!

My sister Jami and her little girl Carli met us at baggage claim. I couldn't of been more happy to see them!
We made it! All 6+ hours of travel, by myself, without a dvd player and a mover groover of a son survived.
Looking out the window.

No comments: