"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

October 21, 2009

Flight back to Florida

Our flight back to Florida wasn't as easy going and stress free as coming to Utah. We were supposed to leave SLC at 2:50 and at 2:50 our plane wasn't even there yet. I was starting to really stress because 1- We had only a 30 min connection time in Denver 2- I knew our flight leaving Denver was the last connection to Orlando. STRESS hit me. I called Daniel and let him know what was up and that we may or may not becoming home tonight. Said a prayer and finally our plane showed up. They let the passengers off and started boarding us. We ended up leaving SLC 40 minutes late. Luckily Cinch slept on the whole flight to Denver so I didn't have to fight him and could just sit and worry about making our connection. We touched down in Denver and our flight was supposed to be leaving that very moment. I just hoped it was running late as well. We got off the plane grabbed the stroller and ran to the next gate. Luckily Denver is a pretty small airport and my prayer was answered they were boarding the last people- I made it! The only worry was that Cinch wouldn't get his own seat because we were boarding late. But we were lucky and he did get his own. The only problem was that I didn't have time to go buy us anything for dinner. But I wanted to make the flight so I hoped the few snacks I had packed would hold us over. Well they did until we took off from Denver and the snack were gone. Next hope- the complimentary snacks would hold us over. Well they did help as well has many apple juices for Cinch. He did travel as well as flying to Utah but looking back I can't really complain. He just wasn't interested in his books or coloring he wanted to walk around- the one thing you can't easily do on an airplane! The last hour of the flight found us singing songs again. I must say he has Popcorn Popping down great with ALL the actions now. We flew away from the sun so he really couldn't look out his window til we got into Florida. He liked looking down at all the lights. We touched down and the humidity hit us- something I hadn't missed for 3 weeks. We rode the subway to baggage claim and found our Daniel waiting. Daniel came to give me a hug but Cinch insisted on getting one first. It felt so good to finally be together again. We got our luggage and headed out to the truck for our 45 minute drive back to the ranch.

Leaving SLC.



Looking at the Orlando Lights.

I found my Daddy!

And here we are back to our lovely 'intern housing', drinking bottled water, and smelling like sulfur water! Oh, it's great to be back.

2 comments:

JBA said...

I never even ever, never, ever never attempt to fly with any baby that long! You are my hero Jesse Mae! Thanks for visiting us and having fun with Hazie. --DJ

Lando & Cami said...

Well I am so glad that you are okay! Can't wait to see you when you get home.