"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

July 21, 2013

Change

I hate change. It seems like as soon as I am finally "comfortable" with something... it's time to change to make me stretch.
All spring/ summer/ really the past 3 years, we have been praying and searching for a school answer for Cinch. We had 3 options Oshkosh, Lakeside or home school. Oshkosh is 50 miles away and they stopped the Lisco bus. This would mean 4 hours in the car for me everyday. Once we found out the bus was gone, that option was gone.
Option 2 Lakeside. I LOVE the country school in Lakeside. The kids do great there, it's small and the teacher is great... BUT it's out of district so no mileage reimbursment. And I just couldn't find a way to budget at least $400 for gas money a month.
Option 3 Homeschool. As much as 1/2 the moms in our church are doing this I just didn't feel good about this.. and well that's when option 4 came out of no where!

It was Wed June 26th. Daniel was gone to a neighbors branding and the general manager called telling us, people were coming to look at our house so we could move to the Abbott Unit. We had thrown this idea around here and there, but not in the sense that people were coming to replace us on the Eldred. If we moved to the Abbott unit school would be so much EASIER. 9 miles to the bus 15 on the bus. More LDS kids, another great smaller school, but CHANGE.

Address change, phone change, Church Branch change, house change, neighbor change, cow change, 1 more hour added on to the drive to UT/ID. CHANGE I wasn't ready for. We finally had a "home" we'd lived in the blessed huge Eldred house for over 3 years, but I knew this "Option 4" was the one Daniel needed to grow more, and Cinch needed for school.

June 26th I couldn't get ahold of Daniel and I needed to find him now to figure this all out. I set out with the boys at 8 am to find a branding that I only knew the "general" vicnity of in the middle of nowhere. Luckily we ended up finding it with help from people along the way. Daniel was very surprised to see us show up at this branding. I left our truck there for some other cowboys to bring home and rode home with Daniel, discussing what was needed and happening in a matter of seconds it felt like. I felt like the world I'd finally grown acostom to, and home i'd been able to call mine was falling down.

Through alot of tears from Cinch and I, both mainly being scared to death, we decided the move was for the best. The catcher of the deal was how fast it needed to happen. We needed to be out by July 13th. With a week of being in Utah for a reunion in the middle of that, to say the least it was pure caios.

But we changed this,

No comments: