"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

November 10, 2009

Please don't say H-O-R-S-E in the house

We have a problem- a rather big problem. Anytime the word h-o-r-s-e is mentioned a certain little boy heads for his boots and wants out the door.
Yes, we have probably brought this upon ourselves but I never imagined it would go this far.
Last ropin' night Daniel came home and told us that he was going to catch the horses and would be back to get us so we could eat dinner before leaving. Cinch's interpretation- time to go- He starts screaming as Daniel walks out the door. I make him get back in his chair to eat- food goes flying- he needs the horses. I call Daniel so Cinch can talk to him. Daniel tells him to eat and then he will bring the horses back. -All Cinch hears in the word horse. After 10 minutes of trying to get him to eat- I give up the fight and let him go wait on the front steps for his dad.

Today Daniel comes home for lunch and Cinch doesn't want him to leave. Daniel tells him we get to ride horses tonight when he gets home. -All Cinch hears is Horse. Daniel leaves and Cinch runs down the driveway after him screaming and crying...

We have a BIG problem. If only Daniel could remember to spell out the H-O-R-S-E instead of saying it the problem would go away, well at least until Cinch learns to spell. Hey we have a few years.
I don't think I am asking too much- just please don't say H-O-R-S-E in the house!

3 comments:

JBA said...

Spelling is a very big plus in life right now. We will try and remember. Hopefully you both remember how to spell HORSE!

Mandy said...

Guys, that is pretty funny! We have a little horse/pony that Gentry loves, and when we say his name, she runs for her boots. However, she doesn't have a melt down if we don't leave that very moment, so thank heavens for that!

Good luck with the spelling. If the spelling gets to tricky (for dan) then maybe you could come up with a code word. Just a thought ! ;)

PS... when do you come home?

Anonymous said...

Such a cowboy...I love it!