"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

May 29, 2015

Finishing 2015 school year

It was a crazy last 2 weeks in Texas with out Daniel, we tried to stay busy to not miss him too much.

The boys went to a British soccer camp one evening. Chauncey was EXCITED because he had his own age group and could actually participate. The teachers were awesome and I was sad we wouldn't be here for the week long camp during the summer.




Cinch went on a day long field trip to the zoo in Brownsville and had a blast. I sent a disposable film camera with him and he used it all by the first 3 animals. I didn't do a good job explaining the difference between digital and film.

My schools field trips kept getting rained out, so we settled for a day the the city park, nature hike and picnic lunch. It rained most of the morning and the mosquitoes were horrific. We headed back to school and ate lunch there and watched movies. My class was difficult and couldn't even sit remotely quite for a movie-- frustrating.




Texas had a very wet and windy spring. We downloaded a tornado app on our phones to make sure we would wake up if a tornado was coming during the night- it did go off more than once making a very sleepless night watching the radar and praying.

While Daniel was gone, we had another warning, right above our home. We were blessed to not be home, but actually swimming at Dr. Mathis' home were we took cover from the rain. Their nice strong home didn't even let on that a strong storm was brewing as we waited out the worst before heading home. So grateful we weren't home that night.


We had to clean the church, and our group doesn't always come. I really didn't want to since Daniel was gone- but went faithfully anyways. The boys helped me vacuum the chapel/cultural hall. I started setting up all the chairs (we don't have pews just 150 chairs) I sent Cinch vacuuming the hallways. When I went to check on them he was vacuuming Chauncey's head because it was dirty- but the church ended up clean after all.


Memorial Day in Texas we went to school. I STRONGLY disagreed with this normally scheduled day. I was taught to honor and remember on Memorial Day all my life. Cinch's school went on like normal. At mine we at least had a moment of silence and my class learned what Memorial Day was with activities through out the day. 

I was able to slip away to Cinch's awards assembly. He was chosen to help lead us in the pledge- since it was on Memorial Day.
He received A honor roll, almost perfect attendance (only missing 1 day), reading award, citizenship.

I like to call this picture where's waldo- or more like, where is the white boy?? 

My school usually has a big water day to celebrate on the last week of school, Because there was so much standing water everywhere we had to settle with water games. 

Chauncey playing at his school with a new teacher Miss Kelley- who we loved the 2 weeks she was there, and in fall took over as head director which was awesome! 

My CRAZY kids! 
Walker, Emilie, Eve, Jace, Mayleah, Matthew, Tobin, Zion

LAST DAY of SCHOOL!!!!


 Eve, my 4th grader, ringing the church bell as her exiting tradition as she will move to public school this next school year.

Aubree- PK- who called me Miss Dolphin all school year. 

How we celebrated school being done! Mathis' were out of town but still let us use their pool to celebrate. All our friends had left for new jobs and internship and we were by ourselves for one more day until we flew to AZ.
It was a crazy school year, I was ready for a break, and we were all ready to escape the TX humidity.


No comments: