"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

August 04, 2014

Tayler Teichert

Back in February a long legged Idaho gal walked into church before us. I had heard a few weeks before we were getting a "girl" intern. I'd seen them before and wasn't really too interested. Well shortly after church I formally met Tayler, who would become one of my greatest friends.

Being from 2 different areas, it still surprises me how many of the same people we know. Tayler's attitude and fun loving way was just what I needed. Moving to the Abbott unit on the ranch had it's perks. But I missed my Sundays with other young mother's and my ranch friends on the other units.

Tayler became our little sister for the next 7 months. Sunday visits we all loved and seeing her at church on Sunday. Cinch and Chauncey loved her like their own aunt, and I think it was safe to safe she missed her nieces and nephews quite a bit.

During the month of Calving we greatly missed Tayler's face around our house- and were spoiled to have her visit on her only day off. 

As soon as we would arrive at a branding, Cinch was on his horse looking for Tayler. He loved wrestling calves with her and her brother.

Tayler was the reason I did the Ladies Ranch Rodeo and what a blast it was, I left Nebraska on a bang.

While our roads in life didn't have the same timeline or story (I had a baby and just graduated college by 22 and Tayler is loving working her way across cowboy country.) She reminded me how blessed I was to have a husband who loved me, and my two sweet little cowboys. I broke the un-written rule and attended most of the ranch brandings unlike the other ranch wives, because there isn't a reason to not do what you love. And she reminded me I wan't that old yet, I could laugh, have fun and still be a mom.

We can't wait for Tayler to come to Texas and visit during the new year, well and I can only wish Daniel had an unmarried brother. ;)





Tayler's brother, Wes, joined us in April. He is a jack of all trades and then the boys had 2 friends visit almost every Sunday. Living away from family is good and bad. But we have been blessed with people that love our boys like their own, and Tayler and Wes definitely did that.





No comments: