Church Day again- Daniel decides he can come to sacrament meeting with us- and to see Cinch sing with the Primary Kids.
At church when it's time for the kids to sing, Cinch goes and stands with the 2 girls he usually sits by in Primary, and I try to get the rest of the kids on the stand, Well as soon as Cinch looks out at all the people- the crocodile tears start rolling and he is pushing and running his way off the stand- he didn't want to sing in front of people. He sat and cried on my lap through both of the Mother's Day songs and we went and sat back down. He told Daniel he was too scared.
After sacrament meeting we came home to get lunch ready. The vet students ate lunch and then headed out. We'll get 2 Master Students tomorrow to help for the next week or so- which means I get a 2 meal break! YEA!
Well the temp. for the day is 89*. Hot hot hot. After lunch Daniel lays down with Cinch and I go to a check to see if anything is calving and what stage their in. I come back in and figure Daniel can sleep for about 1 hour as 3 were just starting to calve. Daniel goes out and comes back not long after- there are many more calving and some are going to need assistance, one of the interns just got home from church so out with Daniel he went.
Cinch & I took a blanket, tepee, book, and toys outside to enjoy the sun. About 1-2 hours later, Daniel comes to get us... He is in need of my huge muscles. Not really but another body. I'd help him pull calves and the intern can ride, check and tag new calves.
So we spent a nice hot sunny Mother's Day saving calves lives... but it did beat cooking for sure.
Meals for the Day
Breakfast
Cinnamon Rolls
Lunch
Chicken Continental
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment