"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

October 11, 2010

My Early Birthday Gift

I've waited 4 years for this gift. From the time we got married Daniel knew I wanted a piano of my own, to play and to have our kids to learn how to play. The first two years, my wish didn't come true mainly becuase of- lack of space- Our tiny cottage on the island barely held us, but I still looked for a piano in the classifieds all the time.
The last two years, I had my parents piano to use which was great! But I was feeling pretty bad that I still didn't have a piano of my own when we moved to Nebraska. My sisters told me not to worry and that I'd find one there.
Well find I did. And It's BEAUTIFUL!

I've played on alot of different pianos in my day. But there is nothing like the sound of an old Upright Grand. My beauty was built before the 1900's. The sound is rich and the wood work is exqusit.

And well now all 8 of the Baxter Kids home's have a piano!
(Possibly my mom's wish come true)
The birthday present Cinch has given me already is his love for the piano at age 2.
He loves to sing "I Child God" as I play it and also have me help him play it, and well we play through most of the Children's Song book daily. I can't wait to get all my paino books that are still in Utah, I only brought my church ones, because I didn't have a piano then, but I do now!
Thanks Daniel! You made my wish come true!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

BEAUTIFUL! I can't get over how GORGEOUS it is :)

Lando & Cami said...

Oh Jesse it is so beautiful!!! I love it. So happy for you! I think I am going to take piano lessons this winter and I am pretty excited. Love ya! That is a pretty early Birthday!

. said...

That is beautiful!

Nelson Family said...

Patience pays off again. Its beautiful congratulations!

JBA said...

Amazing! Can we trade?