"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

May 04, 2010

-L Branding 010

The branding day started out early- but not too early. We went down to the river bottoms to gather the pairs and Cinch rode by himself the whole way- he got frustrated because we got left behind but over all did really good.
Then it was time to sort-(takes the moms away from the babies for a few hours)

I love it that Daniel takes Cinch with him no matter the job- it would be easier with a free arm- but the job still gets done.

And then it was Cinch's turn to sort- he wasn't scared at all after all the mom's were out of the pen.

And then the fire and smoke start- it actually is a good smell- Daniel think is should be a scented candle- I wouldn't go that far, but its a good smell on a spring morning.
The - L getting warm

And then it goes here...

And smokes comes- Inhale now...

Bubba/Jared got to rope first and did an awesome job for not branding lots in his life yet- once he calmed down he was a ropin fool.

You may be asking what Cinch was doing during this time- Well

Playing trucks- but really gaurding the doughnuts, I think he ate at least 4

Keeping Chevy the dog in line

And practicing his roping skills on Jake's boot

And then it was Jake & Daniel's turn to rope- you can tell these two have roped lots together in the years they have know eachother- it's always a game or a funny story being told while they are working/roping.

And amazing enough- it was documented that I was there and standing by Daniel (thanks Susan).
I was in charge of giving shots to all the calves- until the hellacious hail storm came and then -Cinch & I had to seek cover.
It's always great to brand- but especially with good friends.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Cute pictures. I love the picture of Cinch "sortin" :) Looks like you all had fun.