"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Melissa

Daniel's Memories of Melissa...
I remember playing in the sheep camp. We would tie up Festus our pony- pick up the weeds outside- and Lissy would clean the sheep camp so the cowboys would always be clean. Monopoly games that lasted through the night in her room (which I am pretty sure I won them all). Driving the pickup through the fence. Feeding the calves in the squeeze chute because we were too little to hold them. Playing in the old tree house by grandma & grandpa's house. Sledding off the giant drifts of snow in ID. Even though she acted like she didn't like it- deep down I know she loved riding horses with us in Snowville. And my best memory is pretty much just being a great older but littler big sister. I love you big sis.

2 comments:

Melissa S. said...

Thank you for your sweet birthday post! I loved the photo collage. I too remember all those good times with you Dano. I love you guys! Jesse Mae you're the best. Thanks for thinking of me.

Donielle said...

Well, I am happy to know she is alive! My first thought was that she had passed away. Jesse, what a cute blog. It is so fun to read up on you and your cute family.