"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

March 28, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Papa Matt




Happy Birthday MATT!!!!

I asked Daniel to tell me a couple of memories of his dad-

As a little boy he always remembers making up and not even eating breakfast- just walking out to find his dad in the field where he was farming and getting on the tractor and riding all day long. When he would ride the the truck and stand up to look out the window- if he would fall or hit his head on the window dad would say"Ow now brown cow." Which daniel now says to Cinch.
Daniel wrecked his first truck in the ditch when he was about 5- but dad didn't even get mad at me. Dad always let us skip school to work or move cows- but never 2 days in a row. I even got dad to ride a roller coaster at Lagoon- I don't know who was scared-er me or dad. I was always so glad my dad worked at home that I could go with him and always have him be one of my best friends.

No comments: