"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." --- George Eliot

September 05, 2011

Trip 6 in 9 Months - Kalee's Wedding

Come Sept 1st, we were on the road again to Utah/Idaho for our 6th trip in 9 months. I laugh at this because originally when we move to Nebraska we had agreed on 2 trips a year.... Well not for 2011 at least.
Purpose of trip 6.... Kalee Bug's Wedding

We were very excited for Bug to get married-- just not for the drive. Cinch tolerated the drive barely- and luckily my Pregnant body did too... My legs didn't even swell up!

I had a dr apt at 9:30 and of course it was a slow one because we needed to get on the road. We left the dr at 11:30 for the 10 hr journey westward..

I was in charge of the flowers for the wedding.. Thankfully I was blessed and Josie came to my rescue picking them all up and even put them pretty much together while her girls were napping. Between text message pictures and phone calls of what Kalee had hoped they would look like they were BEAUTIFUL!
We arrived in Brigham City about 8:30 finished flowers and headed to Smithfield to Jami's house where we would be spending the night. We had planned to pick Kalee up to spend the night with us on the way through Logan- but she wasn't ready yet- Daniel dropped me and Cinch off and Jami's and tucked us into bed and headed back into Logan to pick Kalee up.

Friday morning came and Cinch was up and ready to PLAY! Jami and Gordon we great hosts like always and got us a yummy breakfast in our bellies- ironed lots of clothes while we got ready. I had the chance to do Kalee's hair. I was NERVOUS we hadn't practiced... done something similar 5 yrs earlier but a girl's hair on her wedding day is a big deal. Thankfully I was at the house filled with 5 daughters and had all sorts of hair stuff to my disposal and we got her hair looking great. Vince, Kalee's fiance/husband was supposed to pick her up at Jami's but ended up running late so Daniel took her half way into town to get her to the temple on time. I hurried and showered and got ready, dressed Cinch and Daniel got back to the house to put on his wedding attire and out the door we flew... almost forgetting her bouquet.

The temple sealing went great and amazing that now all of Daniel's brothers and sister have been to the temple, the youngest 3 all this year/summer. After the sealing I got to help Melissa get Kalee into her wedding dress, her veil on and last hair and make up touches. She looked stunning. Out we went to wait with everyone else for Mr & Mrs Haley's appearance. It made me smile really big to hear Daniel and Kyle both comment on how pretty their little sister looked.

Pictures started and Cinch got stung by a wasp on his face which made pictures miserable! After pictures he was lucky enough to go play with Carli and the other Nelson girls while we enjoyed the luncheon-- childless. The first 5 minutes of the luncheon started out good.... Until Kyle spilt his entire cup of red punch all over me! I didn't even need Cinch there to help me out- just Kyle.

After the luncheon we returned to Jami's to change and relax. We ran back into town later to run a few errands I almost forgot about.

Saturday we were up and at 'em. Packing all the flower and clothes to head to Rexburg for the reception.
We stopped by Elwood to see my parents. My dad had just had knee replacement done days earlier. We got them out to go to lunch  and that wore him out. Then we drove the Rexburg. The WORST drive ever. Cinch didn't want to be in the truck at all- it was just horrible.

The rest of the family pretty much had the reception set up when we arrived so I just started on doing Kalee's hair again and the flowers. The reception was great. Some how Kyle and Daniel got assigned/ elected themselves to man the food table and that they did. Always testing the food to make sure it passed inspection.





Then it was time to take it all down say goodbyes and head to Elwood for a few hours of sleep.

Sunday morning we woke up and got ready for the lovely drive back to Nebraska.
It was another whirlwind trip for sure. Lots of miles and hours in the truck and not too many out of it. But we made it! And, unless some crazy emergency comes- we aren't coming back til next summer!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow I loved the colors in this cute wedding! Hope all is well with you guys!

Bonnie said...

Loved the wedding colors! Cinch is growing so much I can't believe it.