There were many small reasons we ended up returning to Utah over New Years. One was the fact my sister Barbie was in town. We haven't seen each other but a day or two the past couple years, so I was happy to spend time with her.
Another reason Josie's baby was due any day. Daniel ended up guessing correctly that "Gable James" would share Cinch's birthday.
Josie called my phone at 2:30 am. Luckily Daniel heard it, I answered and heard she was on her way to the hospital. I went up to wake up Barbie. We couldn't decide whether to go to the hospital now or wait a few hours. We finally decided we wouldn't sleep anyways so we might as well go.
It was awesome to be there with Josie and DJ. Barbie was support team and I was the photographer this time around. Gable James was born around 8:15 am. What a sweet round headed soul. Finally a boy for the Archibald 4.
My Christmas present from Daniel was a plane ticket- just what I wanted. This was I was able to stay an extra week and visit more of my siblings, which was awesome this time around. And I got to snuggle on Gable everyday and be Poppy's pal. While I love our life in Nebraska it is always nice to be with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment