October 2012 Daniel and I had an idea that we needed to take our youth to conference. To experience temple square, see more youth their similar age, sit at the feet of the prophet... We knew this needed to happen. We starting implementing/pushing the idea to the other leaders and branch president. April conference came and it didn't happen. I hoped it would in October but had my doubts. Right before we moved we had our youth write letters to the stake president on why they wanted to go, and submitted an itinerary. The youth spoke and permission was granted, right when we returned from Bubba's homecoming. I cried telling them I couldn't go, we we're trying to figure out how to make the wedding. My young women's called and asked Daniel if he would keep the boys, so I could at least ride with them and be their tour guide- we figured we could make that work.
The night before we were supposed to leave a huge storm rolled in and dumped snow- another trail. We prayed and had faith we could make it even if it was slow moving, and we did. Kids gave up their homecoming, a truck broke down in Rawlins but was able to be fixed. As we drove into the Salt Lake valley we felt like the pioneers. The kids were seeing "mormon churches" everywhere!
It was an amazing weekend, and closure in my heart. I had done all I could for these youth. I loved them and served them and my final mission was complete.
There were so many tender mercies and heart warming events.
My parents/ sister brought us dinner Sunday night so we didn't have to eat out, I went back to Elwood with them- and we drove to Nebraska the next morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment